Akorbi CEO and Co-Founder
As Akorbi’s visionary and tireless CEO and co-founder, Claudia Mirza has led the company’s impressive evolution from a language translation company to a global provider of multilingual business solutions, including interpretation, staffing, contact centers, learning services and localization. Under her leadership, the company has flourished and become an award-winning, fast-growing, international company with more than 930 employees and 5-year growth rate (from 2012-2016) of 1,267%.
Claudia is a published author in key industry publications, a sought-after speaker, an inventor with patents-pending, a mother of two, a mentor and a philanthropist. She was recently invited to participate in a round table discussion with the Trump Administration at the White House to advocate on behalf of women-owned small businesses.
Claudia’s success and business savvy have garnered her interviews by leading business media such as Forbes and Fortune, as well as local media such as The Dallas Morning News, D CEO and Dallas Business Journal, just to name a few. It has also led to countless awards and recognitions that highlight her impressive success:
- 8th fastest-growing women-owned/led companies according to the Women Presidents’ Organization
- U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce – 2016 Business Woman of the Year
- Women Business Enterprise of the Year Award from Women’s Business Council – Southwest
- Dallas 100 33rd fastest-growing company
- Inc. 5000 – ranked #501 with 758% growth
- Women Presidents’ Organization 12th Fastest-Growing Women-Owned/Led Company
- Quality & Excellence Empire Builder Award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber
- Dallas 100 46th fastest-growing company
- NFL Hispanic Heritage Leadership Award from the Dallas Cowboys & Telemundo 39
- 2015 EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women
- 26th largest woman-owned company in D/FW according to the Dallas Business Journal
- Immigrant Entrepreneur Award
- 30th fastest-growing women-owned/led companies according to the Women Presidents’ Organization
- “Enterprising Women of the Year” award from Enterprising Women magazine.
- “Minority Business Leader” award from the Dallas Business Journal
- “La Cima Latina Leader” award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- “Entrepreneur of the Year” award from Latina Style
- “Women in Business” award from the Dallas Business Journal
- “Minority/Women Business Enterprise” award from The Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber
- “Latina Achievement” award from the Assoc. of Latin Professionals in Accounting & Finance
- “Women of Color Achievement” award from The 100 Black Men of Greater Dallas/Fort Worth
- “Top 40 under 40” from the Dallas Business Journal
- “Community Hero” nomination from the Metroplex Technology Business Council
- “Woman-Owned Business Enterprise of the Year” by the North Texas Regional Certification Agency
- Fort Worth Mayor’s “Entrepreneur Award”
- “Micro-entrepreneur of the Year” by Wachovia and ACCION Texas
Claudia holds a business management degree from Cotecnova, Cartago, Colombia and is a graduate of the Tuck-WBENC Executive Education Program at the Tuck School of Business. In addition, she has a management certificate from the Southern Methodist University Cox Executive Education Program and a bachelor of science degree in business administration from the DeVry Institute of Technology. She is currently attending Harvard Business School’s Owner/President Management Program.